Dar Es Salaam is the greatest city of Tanzania and furthermore biggest city in East Africa regarding population. It is Tanzania’s main city in media, music and arts. It is the nation’s principle financial hub with the Dar Es Salaam Stock Exchange being the country’s first and most basic stock exchange market.
The city is the principle arrival point for most tourists who visit tourism regions in the nation like Zanzibar and national parks. The city draws in an extensive number of vacationers from everywhere throughout the world and particularly from European nations. The city additionally has a few attractions for individuals visiting here with delightful and beautiful scenes. There are some spectacular places to have some terrific sea food of various types; they range from crabs, shrimps sardine and numerous others. If you are into sea food, you need to visit this place.
Dar Es Salaam Population In 2018:
Regarding the population numbers of Dar Es Salaam in 2018, it is essential to check out the population of Dar Es Salaam in the last 5 years. Let’s get started.
1. 2013 – 4.5 Million
2. 2014 – 4.78 Million
3. 2015 – 5 Million
4. 2016 – 5.29 Million
5. 2017 – 5.502 Million
Predicting the 2018 population of Dar Es Salaam is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that each year the population increases by approximate 0.2004 Million people. To conclude it, the population of Dar Es Salaam in 2018 is estimated to be 5.502 Million + 0.2004 Million = 5.7024 Million. The population in the year 2018 for Dar Es Salaam is 5.7024 Million.
Dar Es Salaam Population 2018 –5.7024 Million. (estimated)
Demography Of Dar Es Salaam:
About 33% of Tanzanians separate themselves as Christian, another third as Muslim. The other remaining population believes in different indigenous religions. In rustic places a couple of individuals express their trust in an animistic religion. Hinduism and Buddhism are moreover found among the people from the Asian minorities. Swahili is a Bantu language and the important dialect over here.
Population Density And Growth Of Dar Es Salaam:
The population density is 3100 persons per square kilometre. In 1957, amid the British rule, the port city sat on the shoreline of present-day Tanzania. It had a little population of about 128,000.
Regardless, recent years have brought about incredible growth and alterations to Dar Es Salaam. As per population growth, it’s ready to be Africa’s snappiest growing urban center. It is evaluated to grow by more than 85 percent by 2025 and could touch 21.4 million people by the year of 2052. With a population increase of 5.6% consistently from 2002 to 2012, it is the third fastest in Africa after Bamako and Lagos.
Facts About Dar Es Salaam:
1. The overall public is warm and friendly. Muslims, Hindus, Christians and other religions live individually in faultless understanding. There are a couple of mosques and a few temples in the city.
2. Dar Es Salaam is generally safe. In any case, one needs to make watchful strides especially amid the night and keep away from carrying a great deal of cash.
3. It is Tanzania’s most noteworthy city for business and in addition government.
4. On a trademark harbor on the Indian Ocean, it is the focal point of the Tanzanian transportation structure as the principal railways and a couple of expressways begin in or near the city.
5. It transformed into the capital of the recently independent Tanganyika in 1961 and continued as the seat of administration when Zanzibar and Tanganyika were joined to shape Tanzania in the year 1964.