Dhaka is the capital and biggest city of Bangladesh. It is one of the world’s most populated urban areas. Dhaka is a small scale form of the whole nation, with different religious and ethnic groups. Its name was known as Dacca until the present spelling was received in 1983. It is the biggest city in the Bengal district and furthermore a noteworthy city of South Asia and among the OIC states.
The old city of Dhaka was actually the Mughal capital of Bengal and its name was Jahangir Nagar in the seventeenth century. Dhaka was a cosmopolitan business hub and the center of the overall muslin and silk exchange. In the year 1947, after the Partition of India, it turned into the authoritative capital of the eastern wing of Pakistan and in the capital of a free Bangladesh in 1971. Dhaka is home to many Bangladeshi organizations and the workplaces of numerous global corporations.
Dhaka Population In 2018:
Regarding the population numbers of Dhaka in 2018, it is essential to check out the population of Dhaka in the last 5 years. Let’s get started.
1. 2013 – 14.8 Million
2. 2014 – 15.9 Million
3. 2015 – 17 Million
4. 2016 – 18 Million
5. 2017 – 19 Million
Predicting the 2018 population of Dhaka is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that each year the population increases by approximate 0.84 Million people. To conclude it, the population of Dhaka in 2018 is estimated to be 19 Million + 0.84 Million = 19.84 Million. The population in the year 2018 for Dhaka is 19.84 Million.
Dhaka Population 2018 –19.84 Million (estimated)
Demography Of Dhaka:
The proceeding development reflects progressing migration from rustic ranges to the Dhaka urban region, which represented 60% of its growth in the 1970’s. The city’s developing population is the extension of city boundaries, a procedure that added another million people to Dhaka in the 1980’s. Dhaka has an expansive population of European, Korean, Indian, Pakistani, Nepali and Sri Lankan expatriates working in official occupations in various ventures. Bengali, the national language, is spoken by the majority of the population out here. English is the primary second language and is utilised in education. There is a minority Urdu-speaking population from India and Pakistan.
Population Density And Growth Of Dhaka:
The population density of the city is around 50,001 persons per square mile. The population is growing by an expected 4.2% every year, one of the most astounding rates among the Asian urban communities Relocation from provincial ranges of the nation to urban Dhaka is a solid contributor of the population growth. This rural migration represented 60% population growth all through the 1970’s. While this development has backed off and the evaluations for 2020 population remain at just about 21 million, while 2030 may see an upward trend of 27.3 million occupants.
Facts About Dhaka:
1. Before the year of 1983, the city was wrongly spelled as Dacca and got the right spelling after that.
2. Dhaka is the exchange point of silk and muslin on the planet and is considered one of the essential urban areas in South Asia and the biggest city in Bengal.
3. In Bengal, it was called as the City of Mosques in light of the fact that the city was enlivened by the Mughals with the strongholds, castles, mosques and tombs.
4. Dhaka gets a name as the Rickshaw Capital of the world because of the biggest number of rickshaws in the city.
5. The city was called as one of the wealthiest urban areas on the planet amid the medieval period. More than 50 percent of the Mughal GDP was produced from the economy of the old city of Dhaka.