Hong Kong is one of the two Special Administrative locales of China. It is situated on the south shore of China with the Pearl River Delta and the South China Sea encompassing it. Hong Kong is acclaimed for its horizon and its common harbor. It is a self-ruling territory on the eastern part of the Pearl River estuary in East Asia, south of Guangdong, and east of the previous Portuguese province of Macau.
Hong Kong was previously a province of the British Empire, after the ceaseless cession of Hong Kong Island from Qing China at the end of the First Opium War (1839– 1842).
Hong Kong Population In 2018:
Regarding the population numbers of Hong Kong in 2018, it is essential to check out the population of Hong Kong in the last 5 years. Let’s get started.
1. 2013 – 7.188 Million
2. 2014 – 7.242 Million
3. 2015 – 7.306 Million
4. 2016 – 7.347 Million
5. 2017 – 7.364 Million
Predicting the 2018 population of Hong Kong is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that each year the population increases by approximate 0.0352 Million people. To conclude it, the population of Hong Kong in 2018 is estimated to be 7.364 Million + 0.0352 Million = 7.3992 Million. The population in the year 2018 for Hong Kong is 7.3992 Million.
Hong Kong Population 2018 –7.3992 Million (estimated)
Demography Of Hong Kong:
92% of the population out here is ethnic Chinese, the larger part of who are Taishanese, other Cantonese individuals, and Hakka. A vast part of Hong Kong’s dominant part population started from the neighboring region of Guangdong, from where many fled amid the Second Sino-Japanese War and after foundation of socialist administer in China.
Population Density And Growth Of Hong Kong:
The population density of Hong Kong is 6544 persons per square kilometre. Its population is expected to achieve 8.469 million by the year of 2041, with 52,100 births and 82,400 deaths anticipated by The Census and Statistics Department. It predicts more than 30% of its population to be over 65 by 2041. At the point when the British powers formally assumed control of Hong Kong in 1841, the population of the city was 7,541. After a century, the figure formally remained at 1,600,000. This figure tumbled to 500,000 by the year of 1945, after the Battle of Hong Kong. From that point onward, the population has consistently expanded.
Facts About Hong Kong:
1. Extensive number of Chinese moved to Hong Kong in the 1850’s because of the Taiping Rebellion. A few cataclysmic events, for example, surges, tropical storms and starvation prompted many individuals moving to Hong Kong to get away from the catastrophes.
2. The administration has been stepping toward urging individuals to have greater families. To this impact, there have been calls for expanding the administration’s arrangement of giving free education to kids up to the age of 15, keeping in mind the end goal to lessen the monetary weight on the parents.
3. The city had the longest life expectancy for females, which was recorded as 86.70 years in the year 2011. In the mean time, the life expectancy for males was recorded at 80 years. There are a few explanations behind these insights, for example, inhabitants of Hong Kong by and large having a peppy identity and in addition the reasonable and available health services are in abundance, leading to a happy life.
4. The vast majority in Hong Kong have no religious association, guaranteeing to be atheist.
5. 93.6% of its population comprises of ethnic Chinese.