Lahore Population 2018

Lahore is the capital of the Pakistani Punjab Province. It is the second biggest and most crowded city in Pakistan, after Karachi. It is one of Pakistan’s wealthiest urban communities with an expected aggregate ostensible GDP of $58.14 billion as per 2014.

Lahore Population in 2018

The city is the cultural centre of Punjab and the biggest Punjabi city on the planet. It has a long history, and was once capital of the Sikh Empire, before turning into the capital of the Punjab under the British rule. Lahore was integral to the autonomy developments of India and Pakistan, with the city being site of both the revelation of Indian Independence, and the determination calling for the foundation of Pakistan. Lahore is one of Pakistan’s most liberal and cosmopolitan urban areas with a Muslim majority and an extensive Christian population. Likewise, Lahore contains some of Sikhism’s holiest spots and is a noteworthy Sikh pilgrimage site.

Additionally, the city enjoys a high standard of living with a total cosmopolitan crowd as well as numerous malls.

Lahore Population In 2018:

Regarding the population numbers of Lahore in 2018, it is essential to check out the population of Lahore in the last 5 years. Let’s get started.

1. 2013 – 6 Million

2. 2014 – 6.35 Million

3. 2015 – 6.7 Million

4. 2016 – 7 Million

5. 2017 – 8.741 Million

Predicting the 2018 population of Lahore is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that each year the population increases by approximate 0.5482 Million people. To conclude it, the population of Lahore in 2018 is estimated to be 8.741 Million + 0.5482 Million = 9.2892 Million. The population in the year 2018 for Lahore is 9.2892 Million.

Lahore Population 2018 –9.2892 Million (estimated)

Demography Of Lahore:

The fundamental religion in Lahore is Muslim – for the most part Sunni or Shia-which makes up 94% of the population. The rest of the 6% are about all Christians. There are likewise few minority religions, for example, Sikh and Hindu.

Of the general population in Lahore, 87% of them communicate in Punjabi however that too in various tongues making it a diverse speaking population zone. Other languages spoken incorporate Urdu – the national language, and English – which is comprehended by an expansive number of individuals. As indicated by the 1998 registration, 86.2% of the populace is Punjabi’s; 10.2% are Urdu speakers and the Seraikis, at 0.4%. Lahore is a young city with more than 40% of its people underneath the age of 15.

Population Density And Growth Of Lahore:

The population density of Lahore is 3,566 persons per square kilometre. Its population has practically multiplied in the course of the most recent 12 years from 5.14 million in the year 1998 and is relied upon to cross 11.25 million by the year 2020.

Facts About Lahore:

1. It is known as the City of Gardens. Numerous gardens were made in Lahore amid the Mughal time, some of which still exists.

2. The Lahore Zoo is the second oldest zoo in South Asia after Kolkata and has been a wellspring of entertainment and diversion for families for over 100 years.

3. It is known as Pakistan’s education capital, since it is the biggest maker of professionals in the fields of science, IT, medicine, atomic sciences, pharmacology, biotechnology, media and microelectronics.

4. The film industry of Pakistan is situated in the city and it is known as Lollywood.

5. Lahore is the focal point of sports for the country and has effectively facilitated numerous international events and is the head office of Pakistan Olympic Association.

Leave a Reply

Here find the most approximate population of 2018